Tumblr has the best sources for stuff that I like. I’ve been following some Medblrs, and they’ve come up with a list of books that every doctor should attempt to read.
Being a lover of books, I’ve decided to put the list up in case anyone would like to get them for me *hint*, or if you’d like to purchase them for yourself to enjoy. I’ll probably update this list from time to time too.
But here they are!
1. Every Patient Tells A Story – Lisa Sanders M.D.
2. Informed Consent – Benjamin J. Brown M.D.
3. Medical School Admissions Guide – Suzanne Miller
4. Medical School Interview – Fleenor
5. The Mindful Medical Student – Jeremy Spiegel
6. Med School Confidential – Robert H. Miller
7. Becoming A Physician – Jennifer Danek
8. On Call – Emily R. Transue M.D.
9. Hot Lights, Cold Steel – Michael J. Collins
10. Blue Collar, Blue Scrubs – Michael J. Collins
11. The Night Shift – Brian Goldman
12. The House of God – Samuel Shem
13. Kill As Few Patients As Possible (And 56 other ways on how to be the world’s best doctor) – Oscar London
14. The Secret Language of Doctors – Brian Goldman
15. How Doctors Think – Jerome Groopman
16. First, Do No Harm – Lisa Belkin
17. Better – Atul Gawande
18. Complications – Atul Gawande
19. Being Mortal – Atul Gawande
20. The Checklist Manifesto – Atul Gawande
21. The Real Doctor Will See you Shortly – Matt Mccarthy
22. Final Exam: A Surgeon’s Reflections on Mortality – Pauline Chen
That’s all for today’s random blog post.
Thank you for reading!